DR SCHOLL'S CALLUS, 40%, PLASTER
This medication is typically used for the treatment of skin warts. It may also be used for corns and calluses, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Directions for use:
- at bedtime, soak the skin in warm water for a least 5 minutes;
- dry well and remove excess white skin with a pumice stone or nail file;
- apply the product and leave it on for 24 hours.
Repeat this procedure every night until the condition resolves. Successful treatment may take several weeks to complete. If major irritation occurs, stop the treatment and resume it after a few days.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.