APO FLUTICASONE, 50MCG, NASAL SPRAY
This medication contains an anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for allergic rhinitis. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is to be sprayed into the nostrils. To use:
- blow your nose to clear your nostrils;
- shake the container well;
- tilt your head forward slightly;
- spray the prescribed dose into the nostrils, breathing normally - do not sniff deeply;
- wait 15 minutes after using the product before blowing your nose.
Following its use, wipe the nozzle tip with a clean tissue or a smooth cloth.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause a sore throat;
- it may cause nosebleeds;
- it may cause nasal discharge;
- it may cause a cough.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.